There are many funny facts about the USA and Americans that you might not know. Here are some of them:
- The slogan of Vermin Supreme, a candidate for the U.S. presidency, was “Free ponies for all Americans”².
- The “S” in the name of Harry S. Truman only represents an “S”².
- The shoe size of the Statue of Liberty is size 879².
- The likelihood of getting bitten by a human in New York is higher than the likelihood of getting bitten by a shark in the sea².
- The current flag of the USA was designed by a 17-year-old as part of a high school project¹.
- The Liberty Bell has a typo on it. It says “Pensylvania” instead of “Pennsylvania”⁵.
- There’s an official Rock Paper Scissors league in the USA⁴.
- Christmas was illegal in the USA until 1836 as it was considered an ancient pagan holiday⁴.
- A hospital in Las Vegas had to dismiss several employees as they were betting on when patients would die².
- An anonymous donor pays for the college tuition of each student in Kalamazoo, Michigan².
(1) 82 Crazy Facts About The USA – A Full List! – Only Fun Facts.
(2) 50 Facts About America That Most Americans Don’t Know.
(3) Strange Facts About the U.S. | Condé Nast Traveler.
(4) 25 Interesting Facts about the USA and Americans – Swedish Nomad.
(5) 50 Interesting Fun Facts about America – Exploring-USA.